Your privacy is important to Journal of Midwifery and Nursing. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Journal of Midwifery and Nursing collects, and the ways in which Journal of Midwifery and Nursing uses that personal information.
- Journal of Midwifery and Nursing adheres to the prevailing industry standards and procedures for investigating publication ethics.
- Journal of Midwifery and Nursing does not allow dual publication (the same material published twice in the peer reviewed literature), or dual submission (the same material simultaneously submitted to more than one journal).
- Specifically, Journal of Midwifery and Nursing does not tolerate plagiarism, data or figure manipulation, knowingly providing incorrect information, copyright infringement, inaccurate author attributions, attempts to inappropriately manipulate the peer review process, failures to declare conflicts of interest, fraud, and libel. This list is not exhaustive - if there is uncertainty of what constitutes such actions, then more resources may be found at the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the Council of Science Editors (CSE), or the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME).
- Journal of Midwifery and Nursing will rigorously enforce our standards, and follow up on any transgressions. In extreme cases, this may call for individuals to be reported to their institutions and/or for manuscripts to be retracted.
Personal information collection
Journal of Midwifery and Nursing may collect and use personal information that is necessary for the processing and publication of manuscripts submitted to us. This information may include names, affiliation and contact details; including postal address, emails, phone numbers and fax numbers.
Using personal information
Any personal information received by Journal of Midwifery and Nursing will only be used to: process and publish your manuscript.
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- process your manuscript;
- publish your manuscript;
- send to you communication about your manuscript;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where Journal of Midwifery and Nursing discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Journal of Midwifery and Nursing may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Journal of Midwifery and Nursing will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Journal of Midwifery and Nursing is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Journal of Midwifery and Nursing